Welcome to the World LUMEN Congress 2016 (WLC 2016)! WLC 2016 is the 15th anniversary edition of LUMEN events and scientific activity, developed through LUMEN Research Center and Social Humanistic Sciences, LUMEN Publishing House and LUMEN conference Center!
The goal of World LUMEN Congress focuses on the interferences between the new theoretical approaches and the social and educational practice, taking into account the need for an ethical resizing of the social action.
WLC2016 will explore new approaches in social and humanistic fields, through its anniversary theme “Logos Universality Mentality Education Novelty”, by bringing international academics, practitioners and experts together in Iasi, Romania, from 12 – 17 April 2016.
- Logos | aims to expose certain theoretical paradigms on social action, specific to the postmodern and transmodern paradigm, and the re-contextualization of the influences of modernity.
- Universality | seeks the universalization of social and communicational paradigms, and their contextual applicability in the current communicational Universe.
- Mentality | causes reflection upon the acceptability of new dimensions of knowledge and the relationship between mind and consciousness, of the different cultural and communicational perspectives.
- Education | aims at the multidimensional approach of education in the context of the paradigmatic mutations generated by the switch towards the society of knowledge.
- Novelty | seeks to highlight the issue generated by the need for personal, institutional and social adapting to what is new, and to a continuous paradigmatic change, both in the plan of knowledge and of social action.
There are expected papers in the social sciences and humanities fields, without being set a precise disciplinary border.There are expected papers to cover areas of interest and more. There are expected and encouraged the transdisciplinary approaches that overcome the existing cleavage between theory and empiric.
LUMEN Conference Center started its activity in 2010, with the mission to provide professional management for conferences organized by the LUMEN Research Center for Social and Humanistic Sciences.
The purpose of the Centre is to disseminate information from research conducted by academics and undergraduate, master, doctoral, post-doctoral students, practitioners, in an organized framework, where they can share ideas and lay the groundwork for fruitful professional collaboration with specialists from the country and abroad.
Under the umbrella of the LUMEN Conference Centre there are organized national and international conferences, symposia, workshops, scientific discussions.
The attention of the LUMEN Conference Centre experts on logistics and planning details allows the Scientific Board to focus on the scientific event content, ensuring a high degree of professionalism.
We welcome you to events LUMEN!