International Conference on Critical Discourse Analysis (CDA 2019)
Târgoviste, Romania | November 22-23, 2019
Associated scientific event of
13th LUMEN International Scientific Conference on Communicative Action and Transdisciplinarity in the Ethical Society | CATES | 22-23 November 2019 | Târgoviste, Romania
Venue | Valahia University of Târgovisste, Faculty of Political Sciences, Letters and Communication, str. Aleea Sinaia, 3, Târgoviste, Romania.
Main Organizer | Faculty of Political Sciences, Letters and Communication, Valahia University of Târgoviste, Romania
Co-organizer | LUMEN Association – LUMEN Research Center in Social & Humanistic Sciences, Ia?i, Romania
Aims & Topics |
Having reached its 3rd edition, the International Conference on Critical Discourse Analysis (CDA 2019) invites scholars from different disciplinary backgrounds to submit proposals particularly in relation to research areas connected with language and discourse analysis as perceived through the broader outlines set by communication, social, political, psychological and philosophical studies, as the conference adopts an interdisciplinary perspective accepting work from Linguistics, Literature, Psychology, Sociology, Philosophy, and other associated fields. The theme of this year’s conference, Discourse in Use – Linguistic, Literary, Social and Ethical Perspectives, aims to have scholars focusing their attention on the communicative role of discourse while trying to unveil its, sometimes, hidden meanings by looking at the use of discourse from various perspectives and by taking a critical stand within these perspectives. The proposals may look into various types of discourse and may have various approaches. Whether you be more interested into the ethical perspectives of your research or the social impact that the topic of your research tends to trigger or into the educational role that your study displays, you are welcome to join the conference and its community of analysts who are attempting to shed more light over ‘triggers’ of social change, by analyzing the ‘triggering discourses’.
We welcome papers addressing topics from fields such as discourse analysis, critical linguistics, cognitive linguistics, literature, cognitive translatology, socio- and psycholinguistics, and including (but by no means limited to) the following possible sub-themes:
- discourse and social change
- language and power
- identity and traces of subjectivity: discourse on identity and cultural diversity
- pragma-semantic aspects of discourse in social situations
- rhetorical aspects of communication
- critical perspectives on: political discourse, globalization discourse, journalistic discourse, new media discourse, ethical discourse, management discourse, etc.
- intercultural and interdisciplinary approaches to power discourse
Organizing Committee |
- Tomita CIULEI – Associate Professor Ph.D. – Valahia University of Târgoviste, Romania
- Ioana RAICU – Senior Lecturer Ph.D. – Valahia University of Târgoviste, Romania