2nd edition of Social Event and Interactive Workshop “Honoring Romanian History”
WELCOME TO THE CAPITAL OF MOLDAVIA!
TOURISTIC PROGRAM 17 APRIL 2016
We are delighted to invite you to the 2nd edition of Social Event and Interactive Workshop “Honoring Romanian History”, developed within the World LUMEN Congress 2016, together with Old Line Travel, on 17th of April, starting with 9:00 o’clock.
LUMEN Association together with tourism agency Old Line Travel invite you to visit Iasi, a city which is renowned as being – the city of seven hills, the city of the beginnings, universitary center of Moldavia, the city where every wall has a story, the city of churches, the city of culture and also the city where the greatest writers were born.
A pedestrian and auto tour of 5 hours will introduce you in the historical heart of old Moldavian capital- Iasi city.
Departure from LUMEN Media headquarters | Stefan cel Mare si Sfant Avenue, no. 8, Iasi, Romania
What we will visit |
- Copou park – the oldest park in Iasi and Mihai Eminescu’s linden tree – a natural wonder and a city symbol
- Alexandru Ioan Cuza University- the first university in the country, founded by the ruler Al. Ioan Cuza
- The lost steps hall– following the steps of the painter Sabin Balasa
- Gheorghe Asachi University Library – The most beautiful library in the world is located in Iasi. Library of “Gheorghe Asachi” Technical University collected the most votes from virtual visitors who have found it much more spectacular than the famous libraries in Ireland, France, Brazil or the United States.
- The Union Square – the most central point in the city, the place where the National Union dance first took place
- The National Theatre „Vasile Alecsandri” in Iasi is the oldest National Theatre in Romania – an architectural jewel – the second most beautiful theatre in the world, according to the BBC top 100 most beautiful buildings from the last century.
- The Palace of Culture – building – symbol of the city of Iasi, constructed between 1906 – 1925, on the location of the old Moldavian Royal Court and also on the place of the old Royal Palace
- Cetatuia Monastery a true fortress, dating back from the medieval ages. Taste the local monastery wine, grown on the hills around the city – at Cetatuia Monastery
- travel by bus
- Romanian/ English speaking authorized guide
- entrance fees and wine tasting
- map of Iasi city
- program of the tour
Participation fee |
30 euros/ participant. The participation fee can be paid in the LUMEN Association bank accounts in LEI or Euro, with the specification in the payment details: participation to interactive cultural workshop WLC2016/ participare workshop cultural- interactiv WLC2016.
Please send your intention of participation by email at firstname.lastname@example.org until 5th of April 2016.
LUMEN Association and Old Line Travel wishes you an enjoyable visit!