Workshop | Olympic Values in Contemporary Society | Friday, 15th of April 2016 | Iasi, Romania
World LUMEN Congress. Logos Universality Mentality Education Novelty | 15th Anniversary Edition | April 12- 17, 2016 | Iasi, Romania
Overview | Olympism is a social philosophy developed since the 1894s and emphasizes with the role of sport in global culture, international understanding, peaceful coexistence, tolerance, and social and moral education. Blending sport with culture and education, Olympism seeks to create a way of life based on the joy found in effort, the educational values of good example and respect for universal fundamental ethical principles.
Aims & Scope | Our aim is to find out if Olympic values are the same or are influenced by the evolution of the society and Olympic movement.
Topics | Ethics, volunteerism, solidarity, tolerance, excellence, justice, Olympics.
Coordinator | Liliana-Elisabeta RADU, Associate Professor PhD, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, Faculty of Physical Education and Sport; Director of Romanian Olympic Academy Iasi Branch
State University of Physical Education and Sport of Moldova, Chisinau, Republic of Moldova
Faculty of Physical Education and Sports within the “Alexandru Ioan Cuza” University of Iasi, Romania
Co- organizers | LUMEN Research Center in Social and Humanistic Sciences & LUMEN conference Center (LUMEN Association) Iasi, Romania
Guest Speakers |
- PhD in pedagogy Liliana BUDEVICI-PUIU – State University of Physical Education and Sport, Chisinau, Republic of Moldova – The particularities of the National (Republic of Moldova) European and American managerial models of the sports movement
- Professor PhD Veaceslav MANOLACHI – The State University of Physical Education and Sports from Republic of Moldova (REPUBLIC OF MOLDOVA) – The Idea of Olympism: About the Necessity and Possibility of Correction
- Professor PhD Anatolie BUDEVICI-PUIU – The State University of Physical Education and Sports from Republic of Moldova (REPUBLIC OF MOLDOVA – The Olympic Education within the Education process of the young generation.
- Lecturer PhD Pia-Simona FAGARAS – University of Medicine and Pharmacy from Tirgu Mures – Ways for promoting Olympic values in university students community.
- Associate Professor PhD Veronica POPESCU – Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, Faculty of Physical Education and Sport – Ethical aspects in sport performances.
- Lecturer PhD Cristian Mihail RUS, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, Faculty of Physical Education and Sport – Study regarding the relation between Physical Education and Scholar Sports from Olympic values perspectives.
- Associate Professor PhD Oana-Mihaela RUSU – Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, Faculty of Physical Education and Sport – Olympic Values – Unseen part of Olympics
- Lecturer PhD Gynetta Ionela VANVU – T. Popa University of Medicine and Pharmacy from Iasi; vice-president of Romanian Sport for All Federation – The role and the importance of volunteering in sports activity.
- Associate Professor PhD Liliana-Elisabeta RADU – Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, Faculty of Physical Education and Sport – 25th years of Olympic Education in Romania.
Registration as auditor | for registration as auditor please send us your intention at firstname.lastname@example.org together with following information:
- full name
- institution of affiliation
- email address
- phone number
Registration as presenter | for registration as presenter please send us your abstract using the template available at http://conferinta.info/registration-wlc2016/ to the email address email@example.com
Deadline for registration with abstract | 31st of March 2016
Participation without paper | Free of charge
Participation with paper | Please consult the fees pages for registration fees. This event aims at promoting the year of Olympics and due to celebrating the year of Olympics, all participants with papers will be charged only with early registration fee, even this period ended.
Publication of Full Papers | Full papers of World LUMEN Congress 2016 will be published either in ISSN journals indexed in Thomson Reuters (ISI) or in ISBN volume, proposed to be indexed in Thomson Reuters (ISI)