Results LUMEN RSACV 2015

Results of 6th LUMEN International Conference – Rethinking Social Action. Core Values – RSACV 2015, 16th – 19th of April 2015  Iasi, Romania

Dear Collaborators,

We are coming back into your attention with the results of 6th edition LUMEN  International Scientific Conference – LUMEN RSACV 2015.

With this edition we intended to bring to debate the current dimensions of social action in a global and multicultural context. Social action suffers a paradigmatic mutation through its interplay with the communicative action, both the inter-individual and the mass communication being the key engines of social action. We consider that today, more than ever, the social action is relocated and transferred to the virtual environment, therefore we invited researchers in any field to contribute to a new paradigm of social action, based on the core values of contemporary society.

The topic Rethinking Social Action. Core Values was embraced by a broad scientific community, taking into account the large registration to the conference- 722 registered participants, with a geographic representativeness from Europe, Asia, Africa and America;

The subjects approached by our participants were from domains such as social work, sociology, methodology, psychology and educational sciences, management, political and European studies, law, applied philosophy, sciences of communication and management.

There were more than 200 attendants to the conference venue, in Iasi, Romania, most of those presenting oral presentation, but also plenary speeches.  From 500 registered abstracts, more than 400 abstract papers were published within the Working Papers Rethinking Social Action. Core Values, volume published by Lumen Media Publishing, London, UK, with British ISBN, provided by Nielsen UK ISBN Agency.

Regarding the geographical representativeness of the total registered participants, there were participants from 22 countries, 82 % being Romanian registrations and 18% abroad registrations.RSACV2015_geographical

The publication acceptance rate from the total number of 404 registered papers was of 69 % (278 papers),  the rest of  31% (126 papers) being withdrawn or rejected, based on the peer review process.

LUMEN_RSACV2015_acceptance_rate

From 69% of accepted papers, 55% were accepted to be published in ISBN volume, by LUMEN external partner in publishing- Medimond Monduzzi International Proceedings, Italy and 14% of the papers were accepted to be published in scientific peer reviewed journals indexed in international data bases.

We are proud of this edition’s results and we would like to express our warmest “thank-you’s” to each and every one of you who contributed in the process of making things happen and bringing together ideas, ideals and science.