Main Organizers | Faculty of History and Geography, and Faculty of Law and Administrative Sciences, within the Stefan cel Mare University of Suceava, Romania
Co-Organizers | LUMEN Association, Iasi | Romania
- Antonio SANDU – Stefan cel Mare University from Suceava, ROMANIA & LUMEN Research Center in Social & Humanistic Sciences, Iasi | ROMANIA
- Bogdan POPOVENIUC – Stefan cel Mare University from Suceava, ROMANIA
Location | Sala Senat
Date and time | Friday 27th of April, 17:00 – 18:00
In this workshop, we will discuss a number of specific aspects of research publishing, and how these aspects are reflected in the work of international fora in publication ethics – such as COPE – Committee of Publication Ethics.
Starting from specific case studies related to the issue of originality of scientific contributions, we will address the following topics: Who is an author and how authorship, (co)authorship or multiple authorship are defined in different research areas; what are the ethical requirements of writing a scientific paper; what duplicate content means; what are (or can be) the ethical standards that help increase the quality of scientific works; what plagiarism means.
We will address these topics and more during the workshop, with the aim of increasing awareness of this controversial area of research. Participants at any stage of their research careers, who wish to discuss ethical issues around scientific publication, are welcome!
- research ethics
- research publishing
- COPE principles
- original contribution
- the difference between a research article and spreading the science
- scientific article versus opinion essay
- the importance of critical positioning towards the scientific literature
- literature review
- the structure of a scientific article
- the importance of the ethics’ approval in research on human subjects
- Professor PhD Antonio Sandu, Stefan cel Mare University from Suceava
Language of presentation | Romanian
Workshop developed within the Programme „Etica si integritate academica de exceptie în cercetarea stiintifica si actul didactic”, implementer: Stefan cel Mare University from Suceava, with financial support from FDI2018, Domeniul 5, Îmbunatatirea calitatii activitatii didactice, inclusiv a respectarii deontologiei si eticii academice. Project code: CNFIS-FDI-2018-0545.